IN THE HEART OF GAVI
The farm is located in Rovereto di Gavi in the heart of the historic Gavi D.O.C.G area of the Municipality of Gavi. The first bottles were produced in 1988 with the arrival of Marco and Roberto Gemme in the company and thanks to the collaboration of the oenologist Gaspare Buscemi.
La Fontanassa is an old fortified farmhouse from the 16th century. Already in a sharecropping contract dated 27 December 1634, cultivation of white and red grape vineyards is mentioned. Over the centuries it was owned by important Genoese families until 31 December 1921 when it was purchased by great-grandfather Citu.
History and tradition with respect for nature and men.
THE PRIDE OF OUR ORIGINS
The vine, the grapes and the wine
The vineyards are located on clayey soil with stones and iron sands. They have a south and south-west exposure at a height of 290 – 330 m, they are trained in Guyot. The farm has an area of 77 hectares of which 35 are planted with vineyards.
Human hands are fundamental for a product that lives on effort, traditions, history and territory.