The winery is located in Rovereto di Gavi, in the heart of the historic area of Gavi D.O.C.G. of the Municipality of Gavi.
The first bottles were produced in 1988 with the arrival of Marco and Roberto Gemme in the winery and tanks to the cooperation with the oenologist Gaspare Buscemi.
Fontanassa is an old fortified farmhouse from 16th century.
Already in a sharecropping contract dated December27, 1634, the cultivation of white and red grape vineyards is mentioned.
Over the centuries it was owned by important Genoese families until 31 December 1921 when it was bought by our great-grandfather Citù.
History and tradition on respect of nature and people.